We, in the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD)/ Parish Catechetical Ministry of St. Thomas’s commit ourselves to do the work of Renewed and Integral Catechesis, forming Catechists who are agents of renewal in the realization of “Education in Faith” as envisioned by the parish promoting the total human development of the catechized, bringing them into the communion and in intimacy with Jesus Christ.
We, in the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD)/ Parish Catechetical Ministry of St. Thomas’s do envision ourselves to be a community of disciples, renewed evangelizers, open to be formed by God’s Word, nurtured by the Eucharist, witnessing by our lives the saving power of His love, thus “transforming our catechesis to the values of the Kingdom of God and of Christ.”
CCD PROGRAM GUIDELINES
These general guidelines and procedures are given in the spirit of love and care for our children making us faithful to our mission. We desire to carry out affectively and effectively the task given to us forming our children in the Gospel and in the Life of Jesus Christ.
- Generally, students must be at least four years of age to be enrolled in Pre-K classes.
- Parents enrolling children in sacramental preparation Classes should present a copy of their BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE at the time of registration for classes.
II. CCD REGISTRATION FEE
- The CCD registration fee is $50.00 per child, and $ 125.00 per family with 3 or more children.
III PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT
- The Church recognizes the supreme responsibility of parents as the first educators of faith to their children. Parents assist the child in the learning process, teach them how to pray and review any take home items for the next CCD Class.
- Absences – Students must attend classes regularly. We have 27 Sundays in the whole year program from September to May.
- Punctuality – Parents are asked to bring their children on time for their CCD class at 10:00 AM on every Sunday. Tardiness is very distracting to a class.
- Discipline and Problem Solutions – Students are encouraged to share their faith learning experiences in our program. If a child’s behavior disrupts the learning process, the steps listed below will be followed to ensure that class participation may continue.
- At the first incident, the student will be reminded of misbehavior by the classroom catechist.
- After the second incident, the student will be sent to the CCD Coordinator.
- If the student’s behavior continues and cannot be helped by the catechist or CCD Coordinator, parents will be contacted.
Parents and Guardians are strongly urged to communicate any compliments, complaints or concerns to CCD Coordinator. Your prompt action can mean so much to our children, to our CCD program and the catechetical ministry.
- Health Information – Please inform the CCD office regarding any health concerns that may affect your child during religious education classes.
- Accidents and Illness – If your child becomes ill or has an accident during religious education classes, the parent/ guardian/emergency reference will be notified immediately.
- Change of Address/Contact Number’s – Please notify the CCD office of any changes of address, contact number/s and e-mail address.